August 23, 2012

A Different Point of View

I thought quite a lot about where I wanted to start my return to creativity - there are so many things I want to attempt!  I knew I needed to pick one major project though, for I have a tendency to jump from one thing to another simply out of excitement.  (Any of you struggle with moving from one thing to the next without finishing the first thing?)  I thought photography would be a great place to start.  I want to have lovely pictures of Caffrey and life and family and friends and so I thought it would be helpful to become a decent photographer.  So I've pulled out our camera, pushed aside my feelings of intimidation and set out to see the world from a different point of view.

And I immediately learned a very important lesson.  I think, to be even a decent photographer, you need to understand how the camera works.  Oh, I know how to turn the camera on and I know I need to remember to take the lens cap off, but understanding all the different features that the camera offers and the best times to use those features would make a world of difference in the quality and artistry of my pictures.

So understanding my camera is where my attention is currently focused.  I don't expect that my ability will increase dramatically over night but I am enjoying the process of improving.  And I think that is an important piece of A Return to Creativity.  I mean, if you aren't enjoying it will it really spark creativity?  Hmmm...something to ponder.


This camera will be close by from here on out.  Don't be surprised if I ask to take your picture if we happen to run into one another in the near future.

I'll be sure to share pictures as I go.  Hopefully you'll see improvement over time.

Hope you all have a happy day!

Loves!

P.S.  I would love to hear about anything you are doing to return to creativity.  Feel free to share!

2 comments:

~rachel~ said...

Jenna- I love this! You should post what you're doing to try and learn the camera. Or move to Illinois and we'll learn together ;) We have a dslr and I am so list on anything but auto. I'm hoping to have more time to learn it too! Good luck :)

Unknown said...

Hey Rachel!
I'll definitely be sure to share some of the things I learn as I go. Be sure to let me know if you learn any helpful bits of information.