August 31, 2012

Adoption

I came across a beautiful adoption story today and have spent the last 10 minutes reading and crying.

Absolutely beautiful.

Matt and I have talked about adopting someday and it is very much in our hearts.  Reading this story simply affirmed that desire in me.  Children are so special, such a blessing from the Lord...

As I was reading this adoption story the Lord gave me a special gift.  I was looking at the pictures of when the family first met their new daughter.  There were tears and smiles and rejoicing; it was absolutely breathtaking.  And as I looked at those pictures I felt the Lord say to me, "That's how I feel about you and that's how I feel when my children choose me."  The Lord is so in love with us and the moment we choose Him, he adopts us into his family and we become children of God.  And there are tears and smiles and rejoicing and such unimaginable love.

Adoption is so precious.  To be separated and alone and feeling unwanted and rejected and then for someone to come along and say, "You are wanted, you are loved," is beyond compare.  And the Lord is extending that hand and heart of adoption to each one of us.  It leaves me speechless.

I know someday, maybe soon maybe not so soon, Matt and I will have the privilege and joy of adopting a little boy or a little girl (or maybe one of each...).  I know our lives will never be the same.  And I am so excited for that day come.

Know today that you are loved by the very One who made you.

You are wanted.  You are loved.  You are not rejected.

Loves.

P.S. Do you have an adoption story?  I would love to hear about it!


4 comments:

Our Adoption Journey said...

This made my heart SMILE today!!! Adoption is such a beautiful gift from God!!! You will be amazed at what God will do through this!

Betsy Davis said...

It's so odd the timing of your post...
Adam worked in a case recently where he had to go into someone's home who decided to give up their little baby after two weeks.
Once he told me about the situation I immediately wanted to take her in and kept saying to Adam, I wanted to tell her "You are wanted, you are loved" I will take her! I want her!
It broke my heart and for the first time in my life I realized that I am open to adoption. So glad I read your post!

Betsy Davis said...

Your timing in this post is so apt to a situation that came up in our life recently.
Adam worked on a case where a family had a baby for two weeks and then decided to give them up to the state.
It saddened my heart to know that they didn't want her any more after keeping their other children.
Upon hearing what was happening I was telling Adam exactly what you said, I want her! I want to love her! Can we?
Unfortunately its a conflict of interest and it's not the time in our lives to adopt as we both work full time, but my heart and eyes were opened. Thank you for posting :)

Elmine MORALES said...

What a wonderful project! The adoption story I know best is mine... But you already know it! Stéphane and I were working on an adoption project too when our last little boy came. Now our family is complete, will be complete very soon... We wish you always more Love in your future. You are Beautiful and shiny. Hope hugging you again someday, as soon as possible.